Friday, September 11, 2009

Boston Museum of Science

Okay... so back tracking...

On our traveling adventure, we stopped off in Boston at the Science Museum. I remember it from when I was young - did an over night adventure with my school class. It wasn't as big then, although still bigger than we could do in one day.

Buying tickets for just the day was going to be more than buying a season pass (which is not just for there but for lots of other museums around the USA) so we spent $6 less and got the season pass.

We went to a 3-D movie and to the Butterfly exhibit. We also explored certain of the many areas of the museum, like the physics playground and the fossil dig area. We made it a point to stop by the dinosaur exhibit - the kids really were impressed with the large models, as well as the real bones and large foot print.

There is even a discovery center - it's a classic Children's Discovery Museum so the kids knew exactly what to do there! They had a lot fun and the girls made paper helicopters. Peter wanted to try too - they gave him some really cool scissors (I'd never seen before) and so I just had to ask where to get a pair... probably for Christmas or something. They are perfect for little hands as they pop back open themselves and have lots of safety features. I just don't know why stores don't carry them locally - they really are the best first time scissors I've ever seen. Peter was cutting like a pro!

There is so much we would love to do there - some day, when the kids are bigger, we have more time, and they aren't so tired from the packing and moving drama! Still they had fun!

1 comment:

The Bertone's said...

I wanna take my kids there next time we take a trip up! I can't wait for Hunter to be able to see it. Looks like fun!