Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A few Spools of Thread

Peter is still young enough that "learning" is all in a day's adventures. Since we still have a few piles of unpacked things from when we had the carpet installed a little over a month ago, he's always finding things of interest. The latest thing was my spools of thread. This was frustrating at first since I'd glance over and see a spool rolling away with thread coming undone. But then I noticed he had also found the hoops used for embroidery.

As I say back to watch, I noticed that he'd made the connection that both things were round. And that one was smaller than the other. So he gathered the spools of thread (even the onces that had gotten away) and began arranging them inside the hoops, shifting them enough to get them all to fit. Rather bright. When he realized I'd was going to let him continue in his fun, he'd ask for help rewinding the threads that seemed to get away!

No comments: